Nov 17, 2007

LED lights are cool for scuba diving

I was doing some research about this new technology and I found a wide range of products. I remember long time ago when I bought my first scuba lights…night diving was not the best experience since the lights were not the best products at that time.


The LED lights, as most of the best technologies, were originally designed for military personal. But now, after some years the cost of producing the LEDs is going down as the demand for this type of product is growing.

LED lights allow scuba divers maximum visibility and truer colors, since this type of light travels farther underwater. Another cool feature is that these lights last more than 20,000 hours.
Some of the best models are:
  • Underwater Kinetics Mini Q40 e LED Plus. Depth rating: 500 feet.
  • TREK 400 EX40, featuring 40 LEDs and 4-5 hours at full power. Depth rating: 300 feet.
  • OMS 3 Watt LED Ultra Bright Headlamp, hands free light.
With this technology available, my recommendation is don’t buy halogen, buy LED and enjoy the experience of deep or night diving.

Google